Introduction to Logic
Study Questions - quiz.
Each capital letter must stand for a complete, simple, affirmative sentence
it is not the case that
Put each of the following into logical symbolism. Use the suggested notation.
1. The piazza is flanked by two squares. (P)
2. It did not take two thousand years for the square to become the shape it has today. (S)
3. One must go to the piazza at sundown or at sunset. (P, S)
4. Miguel is at the library or he is talking to the guide. (L, G)
5. Miguel went to the piazza at sundown or at sunset. (P, S)
6. Either Miguel will not visit or Jacinta will not visit. (M, J)
7. Miguel will not go to the piazza unless he can have cappuccino. (P, C)
8. Miguel will stay at the hotel unless he has tickets to the opera. (H, O)