Creating an Image map in Director
1. Create a new 200X200 movie.
2. Import the pie.gif image.
3. The gif should show up in the cast.
4. Drag the pie image onto the stage- it will appear in the score as well
5. Create this script in the script channel for frame one.
6. Go Window--> Tool Pallette to bring up this window.
Choose invisible line and unfilled rectangle as shown at the left at top and bottom.
|7. Draw an invisible rectangle over the upper left quadrant of the image. A new castmember will appear in the cast and a new sprite on the score.|
8. By double clicking the castmember you can bring up it's Shape cast Member Properties dialog box.Ckick on the "script"button.
9. Type a script that will send the user to a new marker named "hardware" when the mouseUp occurs over the cast member.
|10. Create a new marker in the score and name it "hardware". Repeat the process for "software" "techsupport" and "net"|
|11. Repeat steps 7 thriough 9 for the other three quadrants, altering the script for each to send the user to the appropriate marker you just created in step 10.|
|12. Create an appropriatte labe for the stage that will show the user what marker they have navigaterd to . Create a back button that will take the user back to the image map.|
|13. Open the castmember for the back button and click on the script icon.|
|14. create a script to take the user back to tthe image map when they click the "back"button.|
15. Now duplicate the back button to the frame associated with each destination marker. Create a "main" marker for the first frame of the movie. The score should look like this.
|16 . Save and play your movie. It should function like the example to the right.||