Instructor will utilize a tandem of instructional models through
Project based learning: Students learn about using computers
in the classroom by developing materials to teach other students (e.g., web
pages, learning resources and lesson plans This "learning by creating" approach
is extended to their own learning in that delivery of course content will be
via a course management platform and then students will create their own environment
using the same tool at an administrative level.
Problem based learning will engage student teams in
advanced problem solving and in constructivist activities which will give them
first hand knowledge of using course management tools.. Teams are responsible
for problem analysis, research, and solutions. Instructors coach teams as needed.
Students are supported on authentic problem-solving
tasks by extensive resources, tools with which instructor has achieved mastery
level. This will engage learners in critical thinking as well.
A cooperative learning venture will require students
to collaborate and work together on their final project. Students are responsible
for their own and for their teammates' understanding.
A multimedia audiovisual tutorial approach created by
the instructorwill be available for students to achieve mastery of software
beyond the instruction offered in class.
- (table 3)
media will be selected on the basis of their ability to enable the organizational
strategy (e.g., conditions, methods, models).
- For instruction involving analogical reasoning, Inspiration 6 software
will be used for sketching network relationships.
- To provide basic feedback on concepts, instructor will use multimedia
- Blackboard's communications tools- particularly the discussion boards
will be used to promote conversation among students.
- Blackboard's course management tools will be used to allow student
teams to construct an actual teaching resource and then will be used
for the students to manage it themselves
students will have access to software and hardware needed to complete
- Instructor will utilize course management tools of blackboard and
Office to facilitate developing media and/or facilitating/grading technology-based
- Instructor and students all have access to production equipment
- Budget is negligible and unnecessary
- Development will be during course of two semesters and as a part of
instructor's final project for master's degree.
- Class size limited to eighteen students.
- 18 student workstations with view of instructor's station and data
projection, Two additional production level machines.
- Students can access materials online, in labs, on personal computers.
Students have limited prior exposure or experience with new media forms
and will require training.
- Computer skills assessment performed
- Orientation and learning of tools is part of course
- Students will work individually and on group projects- and will participate
in online discussions as individuals
- All classes in SS 112
- Access will provide for ADA requests
Instructor will use or modify existing materials (e.g., the vast resources
available on the Internet) and will build a massive course resource site
to supplement lecture and in class activities
- Instructor is developer of course
- ID is paid position to create course