The Professional Development Institute is where teachers build robots in order to expose themselves to the tools they need to ready their students for science, math, engineering, technology and communication competitions in a way that's fun and exciting.
This program is presented by St. Louis Community College at
Florissant Valley and funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
High School teachers from all disciplines are invited to learn...
- Team building and problem solving techniques
- Fundraising strategies and how to partner with industry
- Project planning and development
- The thrill and excitement of robot competition
Here's what last year's participants said...
- "Anyone and everyone can benefit from involvement in this type of project because it is based on a team approach."
- "It provided a lot of insight into team building and team dynamics."
- "Now I have a better appreciation for getting students interested in science and math."