Gail S. Brody
Gail S. Brody
Bachelor of Architecture, Design Discipline, 1988
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
Bachelor of Science, Architectural Technology, Forestry, Advertising, 1981
Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
Instructor in Architectural Technology, 1995-present
St. Louis Community College at Meramec
Instructor in Architectural Studies, 1993-1994
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
• Intro to Design I
• Design Communication I
• Design and Production I
• Cost Estimating
• Building Systems
• Professional Architectural Practice
President, Designs in Architecture, St. Louis, MO, August 2000-present
Associate Architect, J. Robert Green Architect, St. Louis, MO, 1996-2000
Project Architect, Christner, Inc., St. Louis, MO, 1995-1996
Project Architect, Grice Group Architects, St. Louis, MO, 1994-1995
Project Designer, ARCHOS Corp., Olympia, WA, 1991-1992
Project Architect, McGranahan Partnership, Tacoma, WA, 1990-1991
Asst. Construction Manager, Pease and Sons, Tacoma, WA, 1988-1990
Staff Intern, O'Connell Robertson Grobe, Austin, TX, 1983-1985
Sikes Jennings Kelly, Houston, TX, 1981-1983
• 1997, 1998, 1999-Kirkwood North Middle School, St. Louis, MO: Career Day presenter.
• 1996-Brentwood Middle School, St. Louis, MO: Career Day presenter
• 1995-Belleville Middle School, Belleville, IL: Women in Math program
Funeral Home Projects
• Cawley and People, Marietta, OH-Project Designer and Manager-Infill addition and remodel to two existing historical buildings.
• Totally Independent Embalming Service, Louisville, KY-Project Designer and Manager-A new building for the specific use of preparing the body and/or the cremation of remains.
• Hincliff Pearson West, Inc., Galesburg, IL-Project Designer and Manager-A new crematory with scatter garden. The spirit should be able to rise to the heavens. This project is still on the board.
• Tegetoff and Nally Funeral Home, Henderson, KY-Project Designer-A new building for a new business. Southern comfort in a home setting. An un-built project.
• Fleet Feet Sports, Inc., Chesterfield, MO and St. Peters, MO-Project Designer and Manager-Two new retail stores, each one of different sizes. Specialize in athletic footwear for runners. Clean lines, inviting for the competent runner.
• The Loading Zone, St. Louis, MO-Project Designer and Manager-Drinking establishment where drinking, meeting, and dating is the goal. Creative use of materials to create a new look on a budget.
• Lakota Wastewater Treatment Plant, Federal Way, WA-Asst. Project Manager-This project was a new $28 million treatment plant constructed around an existing, smaller treatment plant. Once the new plant was operating, the existing one was demolished and the new one was completed in the place of the existing plant. Responsible for the review of all shop drawings, coordinated the fabrication and delivery of rebar, scheduled subcontractors and supplier deliveries. Developed and expedited Field Orders and Change Orders. Managed project from jobsite office.
Health Care Projects
• Blessing Hospital, Quincy, IL-Project Architect-Medical Records office, Intermediate Care Unit, Doctors' Parking Lot, and College of Nursing.
• Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup, WA-Project Designer-Oncology addition.
• North Texas Medical Center, McKinney, TX-Staff Intern-Nursing Wing addition.
• St. Joseph Hospital, San Angelo, TX-Staff Intern-Signage project.
• Dentist Office, Austin, TX-Staff Intern-New Office space.
• Frontier Middle School, Spanaway, WA-Architect-Create Education Specification (the program) and design for a new middle school building.
• Zavela Elementary School, San Marcos, TX-Staff Intern-New school building.
• University of Texas Football Center, Austin, TX-Staff Intern-Design and production for new workout and practice facility.
• General Administration, State of Washington, Olympia, WA-Architect-Space planner for several departments in the Division of General Administration.
• Alterations to and Modernization of Officer's Housing, Fort Lewis, WA-Designer and Project Architect-Remodel of Military Base housing involving historical preservation.
• Shelter Survey Technician, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Battlecreek, MI-Survey Technician-Surveyed building structures for the use in crisis relocation placement.
Licensed in Washington, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky
• American Institute of Architects
• National Council of Architectural Registration Boards certification