Gerald F. Seegers
Gerald F. Seegers
Bachelor of Science, Cinema and Photography, 1979
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Illinois
• Professional Photographers of America Portrait Workshop
• Large Format Conference
• International Association Panorama Photographers Conference
Adjunct Instructor – Photography, 1992-Present
St. Louis Community College at Meramec
Professional Photographer, 1980-Present
St. Louis Community College Administrative Center
In charge of photography and related photographic activities regarding
Publications, information, clients, students, and community relations
for Saint Louis Community College three campus system; submit annual capital budgets and research/recommend equipment purchases accordingly.
• Photography applications include: press releases of individuals and events for district-wide paper, Folio advance press release, publication illustrations, studio photography, special events, internal presentations, display (décor) portraits, college exhibits, and related areas.
• Generate high-quality pictures of campus scenes, students and curriculum for all three college locations; photography used for catalogs schedules, recruitment publications, annual reports, and slide presentations.
• Areas of professional photography include:
−Photography: Campus events such as graduations, sporting events, team picture, concerts, theatre pictures, etcetera.
− Portraits: Board Members, Officers, staff throughout the district, VIP’s visiting the college, etcetera.
− Photo Lab: Slide duplication, copy negatives (color and black/white title slides), process and print all black/white work, print custom color enlargements, etcetera.
−Motion Picture/Video: Coordinate production activities including lighting, filming, and editing
• Job requires photographic location work with Fortune 500 companies such as: Fort Motor Company, Coke Bottling Company, Westinghouse, Proctor & Gamble, and other Photography Laboratory and Studio facilities for Saint Louis Community College Administrative Center.
• Designed and layed out Photography Laboratory and Studio facilities for Saint Louis Community College Administrative Center.
• Maintain photography supplies and equipment; recommend purchasing of new equipment when needed; maintain negative and slide files.