Anthony M. Tharenos
Anthony M. Tharenos
Schools attended, 1958-1963:
University of Illinois University of Missouri
Harris Teachers College Washington University
Instructor of Graphic Communications
St. Louis Community College at Meramec
• A graphics company that provides comprehensive quality services quickly and with professional expertise. These services include all those expected of a corporate design/agency group: the creation of corporate logo designs, the production of annual reports, corporate brochures, communicative news letters, product trade ads, package designs, P.O.P. materials, etc.
• Since its induction in 1984, Tharenos Graphics has met the needs of such clients as Seven-Up Company, Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, Southwestern Bell Corporation, Con Agra Frozen Foods, Barnes Hospital, MCI Southwest, Jimenez Food Products, St. Mary’s Hospital, Montclair Travel and Med-Staff, Inc.
Executive Vice President / General Partner, 1978-1984
CK & L Corporate Communications St. Louis, MO
• designed and implemented the general operating procedures concerning the new agency functions.
• Also served as account service representative for accounts such as Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, Emerson Electric / Daybright Lighting Division, Pantry Pride Supermarkets, Bank Building Corporation, Centerre Banks. General duties involved client presentations, project estimating and planning, sub-contractor coordination and selection, general agency trafficking of projects and assignments, client services.
• Established accounting procedures and billing requirements. Evaluated and determined client needs for creation of effective solutions.
Agency Art / Print Buyer, Studio Director, 1975-1978
Gardner Advertising St. Louis, MO
• coordinated with the creative teams the budgeting and selection of suppliers to be used in the implementation of all client driven collateral projects. The job required the formulating of cost estimates to be reviewed and approved by account service managers. Accounts worked on included AB Busch Beer, AB Theme Parks including the introduction of Tampa’s “Dark Continent” theme park, introduction of the new “The Old Country” theme park, Kingsmill On The James, Ralston Purina “Chuckwagon” and Bonz products, Cessena Aircraft, Mercury Outdoor Marine, Centerre Banks, Sunnoco Oil Company, and many others.
• Initiated the evaluation of cost control methods for providing more profit generating revenues for the agency. Established and formulated an in-house organization with the selection of staff to be called “The Studio” for providing production services to our creative teams and thus establishing a profit center for the agency that had not existed.
• Promoted to agency liaison between our new parent company, Wells, Rich, Green, New York and Gardner, St. Louis. Primary responsibilities were to coordinate all account service requests and reviewing the creative team strategies presented to the creative directors from Wells, Rich, Green. Established tighter and more cost effective operating procedures providing additional profits to the agency.
Art Representative, 1972-1975
• Primary responsibilities were to service all major advertising agencies and clients
with commercial art renderings and finished artwork when required. As the studio representative, I was to evaluate and coordinate the proposed needs of the client and schedule the production of said projects through the studio. Primary responsibilities also required the estimating and billing of projects when necessary. Strong background in the over-all operations between studio and agency functions. Aggressively monitored and anticipated client needs, responding with professional results.
Technical Sales Representative, 1967-1972
• Sold and serviced in-plant printing departments and art departments. One of my primary functions was to explore and develop the “Colorgraphics” program. Interpreted and evaluated consumer reactions to new product development and became one of three national representatives of the Colorgraphics Program.
• Developed and coordinated training programs at college and university levels for potential new applications of product lines.
Artist and Leadman, 1962-1967
McDonnell-Douglas Corporation St. Louis, MO
• Coordinator of all artwork for Gemini Spacecraft Specifications and Configuration Documents. Maintained and revised documents pertinent thereto for twelve missions. General duties also included creative designs for brochures, document proposals, view graphs, flipcharts, colored slides, etc.