Offers an extensive database of links to all things Castle related
18 February 2001
Medieval Era Archaeological Sites
Crusader Era Sites in Greater Syria
200 BC Utilized as a fortress by Seleucids
1106-1149 Crusader occupied
13th century Mamluk occupation
GPS Information for Qalaat al-Mudiq
1. Syrian Government rest house in Apamee Archaeological Park
North 35o 25.014' and East 036o 24.134'
Approximate elevation of 887 ft.
2. Ancient building used as stable near center of castle
North 35o 25.225' and East 036o 23.534'
Approximate elevation of 863 ft.
3. Ruins of gate into castle
North 35o 25.149' and East 036o 23.555'
Approximate elevation of 872 ft.
4. Tower on North wall of castle
North 35o 25.286' and East 036o 23.505'
Approximate elevation of 893 ft.
5. Tower on East wall of castle
North 35o 25.218' and East 036o 23.637'
Approximate elevation of 827 feet
6. Tower at southeast corner of castle near gate
N 35o 25.165' and E 036o 23.600'
Approximate elevation of 885 ft.