Medieval & Ancient Sicily tour by
Professors Michael and Neathery Fuller, March 10 to 21, 2005
San Giovanni degli Eremiti built in 1132 for Roger II.
Built by Arab-Norman craftsmen. It was a monastery, converted into a mosque and reconverted
into a church to St. John the Hermit.
Powdered terra cotta gives the red color.
N 38 degrees 06.612'
E 13 degrees 21.184'
Approximate elevation = 40 meters