Stone fragment from Area A with the name of ABILA visible on its surface.






Drawing of the Abila stone.






Mosaic fragments from the Byzantine church in Area A. These fragments come from Square 5, locus 5002, during the 1984 field season.






Central apse of the Area A church.






Basketweave limestone capital from Area A.






Byzantine lamp decorated with Greek inscription (Fuller 1987: figure 97a) from Area A, Square 7, Reg. no. 9.






The most recent occupation in Area A was Umayyad as evidenced by red painted pottery bowls and jars.





Red painted Umayyad style jar.





Roman Temple walls beneath Byzantine church.






Roman walls north of the Byzantine church in Area A.






Late Hellenistic Rhodian handle with the design of a rose and inscription that translates Zenonos. Area AA, locus 5003, 1994 field season.





Late Hellenistic Rhodian handle with the design of a rose and inscription [H]ELLANIKOU. Area A, Square 22, 1988 field season.





Late Hellenistic Black Glaze calyz Kantharos with West Slope style decoration (Fuller 1987:Figure 75) from Square 2 (loci 2021, 2030, and 2026), 1982 and 1984 field seasons.





Limestone column drums from the Area A byzantine church were stacked to make the foundations of an Umayyad Period structure.






Limestone column drums and capitals stacked by the Umayyads and used as a foundation for a mudbrick building.






View of Tell Abila before Area A excavation during 1982 excavation season. Photograph taken from Area D (Umm el Amad).





Early Bronze Age burnished sherds from the 1992 field season in Area AA (near Area A) in square 1.





Early Bronze Age ledge handle from the 1996 field season in Area AA (near Area A) in square 1.





Middle Bronze Age juglet of Tell Yehudiyah ware from Square A1, reg. no. 815, 1988 field season.





Late Bronze Age (ca. 1400 - 1200 BC) bichrome handle from excavation unit A-19, reg. no. 2896, 1990 field season.





Iron I lamp (ca. 1200 - 1000 BC) from Area AA, locus 5001, reg. no. 140.





Iron II lamp (ca. 1000 - 600 BC) from Area AA, locus 5017, reg. no. 53.