LEMP AVENUE SITE

 

HISTORY

THE SITE

CREW

ABOLITION

ARTIFACTS

China

Glass

Other

LINKS

GROUND PENETRATING RADAR

UNTRUE!

The Artifacts:Glass

Amber colored glass inkwell. Discovered in the cistern fill. All scales on this webpage are in centimeters.

 

Inkwell manufactured by Maichildon & LeBlanc Dry Goods in 1848.

Medicine bottle with raised letters that read "Dr. Hoffman's Red Drops" dating to the 1880's and was used for relieving menstrual cramps

Medicine bottle with raised letters that read "Kaltwasser Drug Company", dating to 1883.

 

Soda bottle with stopper still in it. Raised letters read "Casper Damhors. St. Louis" (21001)The bottle dates to 1856 and was found in locus 21001.

 

Medicine bottle with raised letters that read "Dr. S Pitchers". Discovered in locus 21001. 19th century medicine bottle.

Maw & Son London on one side and a three leaf clover with Trademark on the reverse side. Excavated from locus 37002. Manufactured in London in the mid 1800's. Maw & Son manufactured medical supplies, this bottle probably held smelling salts.

 

Faint outline of three leaf clover visible.

Maw & Son London bottle in situ, with the three leaf clover design visible.

The Paines Celery Compound bottle dates to 1870, made by William Paine who owned a lab at Manchester & Summit. This bottle was uncovered in locus 21001.

Pepto Mangan Gude bottlefound in locus 21001. A 19th century patent medicine manfucatured by Dr. A. Gude.

Hackerman Soda Bottle manufcatured in St. Louis, ca. 1856.

Medicine bottle with raised letters "Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver oil", made by John Scott in 1847-1850 at the corner of Fourth & Franklin in downtown St. Louis. Found in locus 21001.

Two small pill bottles flank a long neck liquor bottle. All 3 specimens from locus 21001.