Fill out non-graded assessment
Read Chapter 2.
|Read Chapter 3.|
Read chapter 4.
Read chapter 5.
Review for Quiz. Select the Chapter and do the Tutorial Quiz.
|February 16, 2007 Friday||
Take Quiz No. 1(40 questions).
This Quiz is given in class. Do not miss it. The makeup quiz will guarantee to be all essay and much harder!
|Read chapter 6.|
|Read chapter 7.
HOMEWORK 2 is due.
|Read chapter 8.
|Read chapter 9.|
|Review for Quiz. Select the Chapter and do the Tutorial Quiz.
You don't have to send me the results!
March 30 , 2007
Take Quiz 2
You have to take this quiz in class. Sure, wear a monkey suit or come dressed as King Tut. Don't miss this quiz. The makeup quiz will be all essay and much harder.
Read chapter 10.
Read chapter 11.
|Read chapter 12.
HOMEWORK 4 is due
|Read chapter 13.|
Review for Quiz. Select the Chapter and do the Tutorial Quiz.
May 9 , 2007
Take Quiz No. 3 (40 questions)
Yes, the final examination during final examination week!!!!
The class has a total of 240 points possible.
- 120 points from 3 exams
- 80 points from 4 homework assignments
Yes, I curve my grades to your advantage. Last semester's grade curve in this class looked like this:
170 to 193 points equals "A"
150 to 169 points equals "B"
130 to 149 points equals "C"
110 to 129 points equals "D"
below 109 points is Failing..
1. There are 3 Quizzes during the semester. Each quiz is composed of 40 multiple choice questions.
Don't miss the schedule exam. That is very, very bad, because you will have to take an essay makeup examination. You do not want to take the makeup test!!! Makeup tests are far more challenging. Makeup test are not given until the end of the semester.
How can you prepare for a quiz? They are going to be very similar (but not exactly like) the practice questions at the back of each assigned chapter. Yes, they can also be related to lecture and videotape presentations give in class.
But in reality, I will adjust the scale downward, an act of mercy called curving.
2. The four short writing assignments will be specific topics that I will assign to you. Three topics will relate to physical anthropology and three topics will relate to archaeology. I expect you to make use of library and internet resources to answer the questions that I ask in the writing assignment. Each writing assignment results in a minimum of 2 pages, typewritten. The last page should have at least 3 sources for your answers. Be my guest and turn it in a week late for 1 letter grade deduction. Be my guest and turn it in 2 weeks late for 2 letter grade deductions. What about 3 week late? Use it to line the birdcage!
3. The ACCESS OFFICE - disAbility Support Services has been designated by the college as the primary office to guide, counsel and assist students with disabilities. If you receive services through the ACCESS OFFICE and require accommodations for this class, make an appointment to see me as soon as possible to discuss you approved accommodation needs. Email me if you have an Instructor Notification Memo provided by the ACCESS OFFICE to the appointment. I will hold any information you share with me in strictest confidence unless you give me permission to do otherwise.
4. An Honors Contract can be developed for this class if your GPA is 3.5 or higher. Please contact the Honors Coordinator (Dr. John Bayer at 314/984-7555) for more information. Go to http://www.stlcc.edu/mc/dept/honors/index.htm for more information.
5. See me in my office or Email me if your are having problems with the course.
6. I very, very, very rarely give Incomplete grades at the end of the semester. Keep track of your grades and ask me before doing anything rash about dropping the class. Check this web site: http://www.stlcc.edu/calendars/ to determine the last date to drop a class during our semester.
7. HOSE ME DOWN AND I WILL FAIL YOU. Translation: you will be given a failing grade if you cheat on an assignment, cheat on a test, cheat on the paper, or hack into any of the computer system.
8. TOUCH THE TEST AND YOU CAN'T HAND IT BACK! Can you believe that I have to say this? If you are not prepared, then do not sit in the chair on test day! If your hand touches the test, then the clock is running. You have the entire class period to take the examination. Hand it back without answers and it will be easy to grade. No retakes after your fingers have touched an examination. I don't care if you High School allowed you to faint and hand it back. This Is College.
9. How long do you wait until leaving the classroom if the teacher is late? Wait all hour until instructed to leave by a secretary or another teacher. Discuss the textbook questions with the other students until Professor Fuller arrives.
10. Put your cell phone in silent vibrate or suffer my ridicule.
11. Don't tell me that you can not do computer related homework because here are a list of computer labs on campus with internet access:
Business and Administration (BA-201)
Library (First Floor)
Library (Second Floor information Access Lab)
Meramec Academic Center (Communications North - 124)
Local Lectures for Extra Credit
The lectures are free and open to the public and could count for extra credit if you write a one page summary of the lecture and email it to me. Each lecture is worth 5 points. You can earn a maximum of 10 points extra credit. If you live outside St. Louis but near another AIA chapter, then email for instructions. Excellent Lectures (Prof. Fuller is the past-President!!) for extra credit lectures are listed here:
Lectures are also given at the Mound City Archaeological Society: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MAS-MCAS/
CAN I DIG UP ALEXANDER THE GREAT??? Yes!!! Professor Fuller had taught field methods class in St. Louis County, TransJordan, and Syria. Now, even better, SLCC field school in the Republic of Macedonia along the Vardar River. Yes, you can come to the homeland of Alexander the Great and dig.
Aliases of your teacher:
Michael Fuller - The name his parents gave him
Dr. Michael Fuller - The name that gets extra respect
Professor Michael Fuller - How the college thinks of him
Lord Michael de Safita - His SCA name
Moodeer Fuller - Arab villagers in Tuneinir call him this
Daddy - Amira Fuller calls him
Neathery's husband - wife's students call him
Madman - common nickname around Instructional Resources
Wonderful people who help your teacher
make the equipment work, handout papers, give quizzes:
Professor Cindy Epperson
Wonderful people who sit near Paul Talasky, MC
Brak and Moltar
Wonderful people who sit on top of Mt. Olympus:
Chancellor Henry Shannon, College Center
President E. Lynn Suydam, Meramec