Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to make an appointment?
No, the Writing Lab is a walk-in service.
How soon should I bring my assignment to the Writing Lab?
Allow about one week before the paper is due
so you will have time to think about and make meaningful revisions.
How much time should I allow for a tutoring session?
Although there is no time limit,
at least 20–30 minutes will get you started on the next stage in the writing process.
What should I bring with me?
- the assignment sheet, if available
- a typed rough draft, if you have reached that stage in the process
- a pen or pencil to write with
- a flash drive to save your work on
- any sources you're citing for a research paper
- a list of your questions and concerns
Will a tutor “proofread” my paper; that is, will a tutor “find and fix” my errors for me?
No, tutors teach proofreading techniques,
and a tutor can demonstrate the techniques for about two pages of your essay.
Writing Lab: Location and Hours |
Frequently Asked Questions |
Writing Road Show |